Anne stood outside the wrought iron gate of her suburban house and wished that some magical force would transport her to the inside before her resolve weakened under the careful watch of those gorgeous eyes, because her feet sure as hell weren’t listening to her. It didn’t help that she was having some difficulty wrapping her mind around the fact that he was there in the first place. She clearly remembered that room they were in last night, the smells, the magnitude of light, the posture of his body, and the expression on his face when he opened his mouth to say, “I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I don’t think we’re right for each other. You deserve someone who likes you for everything you are and appreciates all of it. I’m not that guy, Anne. I can’t handle you. You overwhelm me. You slip out of my fingers like... like... satin. You’re crazy stubborn. You always want your way and refuse to listen to anyone else.” And she swore to Jupiter she heard him chuckle and mutter “Such a child”.
They hadn’t been spending too much time together lately, yes. But that was because he had been busy. Or so she had thought.
She just stood there, not knowing whether to get angry and beat the crap out of him (or at least attempt to) or to burst into tears and run out of there in an excessively melodramatic fashion, possibly hurling some of the choicest dialogues at him (something along the lines of ‘Fuck you.’). Though she was leaning more towards the latter (she liked a good dramatic scene, it made an interesting story to tell), she decided to stay and fight for her dignity, starting with ‘RICH COMING FROM YOU!’
But all that came out was:
“Are you absolutely sure?”
Anne, you wimp.
“Yes. I’ve thought this through.”
He had a strange expression on his face. Sort of like he was constipated one would think, but Anne knew him well enough to know that it was him trying to stop an outburst of laughter.
What a sadistic bitch. What kind of insensitive boyfr- ex-boyfriend laughs when he’s dumping his girlfriend of 4 months (10, if you want to get technical. He had pulled this same sort of stunt around the middle too, but Anne had been a fool and taken him back.)? How heartless can a person get? After everything she had done for him?
“Fine, then. I’ll go.” She said, hiding behind her fierce expression, the wild hope she had that he would get up, claim that he had made a mistake, sweep her into his arms and beg for forgiveness (maybe then, she would get her chance at some proper drama).
“Okay.”
Ouch. She stubbornly didn’t shed a single tear. Somehow this didn’t sit well with her.
Some nerve he had, to come, stand in front of her with that stinking smirk on his face and ask for a date.
“Come on. I promise you’ll have a good time.”
Was this guy for real?
“Are completely OUT OF YOUR MIND?!”
“Nope. I’m sorry about last night though. I think I was a bit stoned.” He grinned unabashedly.
Her jaw dropped.
“HOW DARE YOU? I don’t... I really don’t... deserve to be treated like this. ”
“Okay. I’ll treat you exactly how you find suitable if you come with me.”
“Is throwing innuendoes at me, your way apologizing for being a complete asshole last night? Because if it is, you should know, I do NOT accept it.”
“Is acting difficult your way of turning me on? Because if it is, it works like a charm.”
“Pig.” Anne’s mouth pulled into a pout.
“Now that that’s done with, shall we leave?” He held out his arm for her. And when she didn’t concede he just grabbed hers unceremoniously.
She didn’t bother fighting. She knew there was no point; the opportunity for drama was lost anyway.
1 comment:
Part II, Up tomorrow. Yes?
Post a Comment