Yesterday

I had this strange urge yesterday to tell the guy sitting in front of me in LST that I'm gay.

Not that he had asked yet. But I knew he inevitably would when we became better acquaintances and graduated to higher levels of small talk.

Gay as opposed to committed.
They both practically mean the same thing to him.
But it's really annoying when you meet random guys for the first time and they find out you have a boyfriend and they do this weird business of stepping back a little with an expression that says 'Whoa, okay.'
Like, since they know this piece of information about me I'd expect them to understand that I can't really have a conversation with them or like hang out because I'm not single. Jeez.



My mom is a strange, strange lady.

"Mom, can we go to Hyderabad?"
"Er.. yeah sure. Next month."

Next month:

"Mom, can we go to Hyderabad?"
"Where did that come from?"
"You say we could go this month!"
"I never said any such thing"


"Fine. I might have said it. But we can't go now because it's too... too... hot!"
"It's hotter here."
"No more questions. we'll go in October!"

A few months later:

"Mom, can we go to Hyderabad?"
"Yeah sure. I don't see why not."

Later that day:
"Er.. it won't work out honey, I'm switching jobs."

Next day:
"I'm not switching jobs now"
"Mom, can we go to Hyderabad now?"
"No.. it's too expensive. We'll go in October."
"The ticket prices won't miraculously fall in October, mother"
"We'll get swine flu"
"....."
"I'll get bored!"
".............."

A few days later:
"Okay, we can go, but only for a day."
"Don't you think that's a wee bit uneconomical, not to mention tiring and entirely unfruitful?"
"Fine we'll reach in the afternoon and leave next evening."
"That gives me roughly 8 hours with my friends, Mom."
"Sigh. Fine. I'm going to get so bored."


My negotiation skills are the shit :D

2 comments:

Lantern At The Cross Roads said...

Proud of you!!
It's getting better already! =D
I'm glad you're back to not giving a shit about who's reading.. weight off the mind eh?

Anywho.. just popped in to say AWESOME WORK! And keep going.


P.s: So you ARE coming.. right? Or should I send your mom some chocolate? =P .. Just to.. you know.. "butter her up"...

And prove that we don't have swine flu..

That considered.. would she eat the chocolate?

Gah.. I'm getting off track.. sorry sorry. I'm leaving now. Pakka.

Anne said...

Really? :D Thanks!!

Aah, I'll tell her it was Hyd after she eats it and then when she doesn't get swine flu, she'll get chop :P