Fresh start at doing the old thing

I was talking to A about how this entire blogging year has been such a waste of virtual space. I mean, my blog used to be direct and open and honest. And I liked it that way. Because I didn't give a shit about who read it. Now because pretty much everyone I could possibly write about reads it, it makes me write all vague, ambiguous shit. So in an effort to get this blog back on track, I'm going to go back to blogging about my life like it is. Because apparently that's what I do best.

January

Me: Would you have an issue with me dating someone?
Prashant: No. In fact, I think you should date someone.
Me: Fine. I am dating someone else.
Prashant: You wouldn't have told me if I said would have an issue with it?
Me: Of course I would.
Prashant: Aah. Admirable. Don't gush too much about him to me though. I'll get annoyed.

June

Me: Would you ever consider giving being close friends a shot?
Prashant: Yes. Hell, yes.
Me: Then why can't you?
Prashant: It's just really awkward. I mean I'm kinda sorta your ex. And you have a boyfriend now. I mean, come on, even Jesus would be awkward. A teeny weeny bit.
Me: You were my ex LAST YEAR. It was a loooong time ago. Those feeling are long gone. Why can't you just let go?
Prashant: Hmm.. maybe it won't be awkward. I dunno.



God. This is why they say exes can never be friends. One person always takes a decade to move on.

K and I are pretty cool though. I mean we were always friends and we're both in new relationships now, so it's all good.

I feel lighter though. Like I'm finally resolving unresolved issues.

No comments: