So about the party. It was lame before I got drunk, fun after I got drunk and disastrous after I remembered that my curfew had been an hour back.
Let me start from the beginning, I needed to get to T’s place at around 6:00 pm. My dad was supposed to take me but he called and said he would only be able to come home by 6-ish. So Prashant, who is in Delhi and whom I hadn’t met yet, offered to drop me in an auto (since I couldn’t go alone, I was wearing a frickin’ dress and heels.) Meeting him wasn’t that awkward, I mean I had absolutely nothing to say to him but I felt smug as hell about the fact that I felt NOTHING. Not even the tiniest semblance of those old feelings. But he was incredibly nice and I think we’ll make good friends.
I still haven’t learnt how to walk in heels properly and since we weren’t getting an auto, we had to cross this long bridge to the other side. I simply kicked my heels off and walked barefoot. This is why India is so cool :P
When we got to the party, I got more compliments than I have ever gotten in my life. Even the bitches begrudgingly admitted I looked hot. Too bad everyone was too busy dancing to take pictures.
The real fun began when we started drinking. Beer gets me crazy high, more than any other liquor. It doesn’t really make sense, but that’s how it is. I usually get tipsy on 3 beers. At this party, I had 5 and a half.
Here’s what I remember:
Laughing like a mad woman. Telling people that one of the bitches looked naked, “Why is she even wearing that? Oh right, because she’s FAAAAAAT.” Jumping up and down on the dance floor, this friend of mine twirling me around and around because he thought it would be funny to get me dizzy. Seeing a lot of “Aww, she’s so cute” expressions. Slapping one guy and one girl. Poking someone in the armpit. Bonding with T’s boyfriend who was drunk too. Asking a lot of people if they hate me. Sticking my tongue out at Spastic’s back. KC telling me he’s having so much fun with me drunk, because I provide plenty to point and laugh at. Getting cake all over my face because the birthday girl was drunk too :P Stabbing someone in the foot with my heels. Not being able to stand. Remembering that I have to get home. Getting yelled at by my mom. Freaking out. Total chaos. T telling my mom some entirely unbelievable stories. Concerned expressions. Getting home. Feeling like a complete idiot.
Man, I really didn’t plan on getting that high. It would have been okay if I didn’t have to go home, because I wasn’t exactly out of control. I’m not sure if my mom could make out I was drunk over the phone. But I am definitely grounded and my parents are really mad at me. I don’t know what’s going to happen when I go to school tomorrow.
It wasn’t that much of a disaster and I didn’t embarrass myself but I kinda wish I hadn’t had that much. My friends were awesome; they took care of me without being judgemental at all. Hostesses were a bit pissed with me because they thought my mom would find out and they’d get into trouble but they were cool with me after I told them they weren’t.
Stupidstupidstupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment