High School On Steroids

Sho pointed out that three weeks ago I thought the same friend was the shit and that I'd hit friendship jackpot. It's insane how I do this every time. It's like re-visiting The Case Of The Scary Bitchy Fat Slut.


But if I am following a pattern here, then I know things will start looking up soon enough. 


It's fucking frustrating though. I spent all of 11th grade sieving through the shit to find friends I can trust and nearly went into depression in the process. And just when I thought I was done with this shit, I come to college and get stuck in the same damn quagmire. 


College really is like high school on steroids. Everything you hated about school is that much better and that much worse. 
The freedom is a total headrush, it's like the world seems a lot bigger than it was and a lot more fun. I wouldn't be able to go back to the Parental Regime for more than a few weeks after this, even if I really wanted to.
The people are also a lot bitchier. We live together, we don't have space, we're cranky. Everyone knows the importance of power and politics and some orient their whole lives to winning the power play. Gossip flies around like a swarm of bees. You can trust only a few, and with the rest, you put on your best face. 


And we learn about as much law as the kids on The OC learn Maths and Physics. 



No comments: