You know how sometimes bad things keep happening to you, without any breaks in the pattern? And then you give up trying to fight it and add it to the list of eventualities?
Well, losing best friends is kind of like that for me. I’ve never been best friends with anyone for longer than 2 continuous years and those two years have also always been fraught with issues and fights and struggles.
But hey hey hey, guess what?
I think I might have found my true soul sister :D
When did I realize this? Yesterday, when Ruchika’s mom picked up the phone and told me that Ruch didn’t want to talk to me and I didn’t feel a SINGLE pang of insecurity or even the tiniest bit of hurt. Do you know how RARE that is for me? Forget rare, I don’t think that’s ever happened! For someone as neurotic and insecure as me to feel that sure of someone’s love is a just unbelievable!
That my friend, is true friendship.
She doesn’t agree with my taste in clothes or music or movies, and she doesn’t need to. She almost always takes my boyfriend’s side in all arguments and never fails to tell me that with, much appreciated, honesty. She never for a minute gets caught up in ego conflicts and tries to hurt me. We don’t ever really fight cause there’s too much laughing going on. We crack up at the stupidest of each others jokes. I care about her so much that I swear I’d feel physical pain if anyone tried to separate us. Our friendship is far from conventional and I wouldn’t have it any other way. She drives me crazy sometimes but really, I don’t think my life would be this awesome if it wasn’t for that bi-polar, blunt, opinionated, annoying but totally lovable girl :)
She’s the perfect Christina to my Meredith.
No comments:
Post a Comment