Sometime when I was 11, mom and I were watching some family drama on Zee Cafe. And as usual the typical teenager was throwing tantrums over some unreasonable and shamelessly retarded/dangerous/slutty thing and making life hell for his/her parents. I was grumbling and bitching about the aforementioned teenager when my mom reminded me that in a few years, I'd be no different. My eyes widened with shock. I was a very mummy-worshipping kid, only a few years ago I had stopped asking my mom for permission every time I went to the loo (okay, I stopped in the 3rd grade when she snapped at me irritably saying that she had meant I need to ask every time I go outside the house not anywhere) and the idea that one day I might might be a bratty teenager sounded preposterous. To reassure my disbelieving mother, I wrote To whomsoever it may concern (mamma), I am always going to listen to you and not argue and throw tantrums and irritate you or be like Marissa Cooper.
And signed it.
I guess there's no use arguing against nature :P
1 comment:
Huhuhuhu. Very very funny. Naomi also did this with her mommy. Signed a note saying "I hereby solemnly swear to listen to my mother in all matters boy-related, and to not date until I reach the respectable age of 21."
Dumbasses, the both of y'all. *shakes head*
Post a Comment