Annual Parenting Report

I thought I'd skipped my period because it was 10 days late. So I told mommy so that she could schedule an appointment for me with, yknow, the gynaecologist (I can't believe I'm BLOGGING about this!). That went pretty okay.
Later, she comes into my room and shuts the door.
She sits on my bed and looks at me seriously;
"I hope you're not pregnant?"
My jaw drops open. I try to say something like 'Are you INSANE?! Like completely OUT OF YOUR MIND?'. But 'twas in vain, my jaws wouldn't move.
She broke into a weak smile at the look on my face.
"I don't know what you and your friends keep doing. They all have boyfriends and get physical with them (only a MOM could say THAT) and you're also becoming like them. I'm barely around and I don't know what happens when I'm away..."

I was still gaping at her when 5 mins later she leaves the room after shooting me an apologetic look and sheepish smile.

No comments: