Sanj is here!!
Okay, she's been here for a while now, but because of the EVIL MORE ADVANCED VERSION of the common cold is suffering of, I haven't been in the mood to post.
Quick intro: Sanj is Path's best friend. I got really really close to her over the 4 months I've been dating Path. We get along awesomely and also understand each other's plight with the whole LDR thing (he boyfriend JSJ lives here, in Delhi).
Man, you really don't know how lonely you are till you actually hang out with people. Sanj and Ak came over on Monday and I had so much fun. They're the nicest, funnest people ever. They sensed I was really low and let me tag along with them to Mocha. I didn't want to let them go away but then that would be way too selfish.
All this while she's been here, I realized Delhi is actually pretty boring for a tourist. I love this city exactly the way it is, it's my home, my turf. There's nowhere else I'd rather live. But for someone who doesn't live here, apart from the obvious (historical monuments, museums) there isn't really anything that's essentially Delhi. Which is really sad because then they end up thinking Delhi is a city of snobs and sluts and crazy pollution levels. I love the anonymity in this city. You can pretty control how many and how much people know about you. This city lets you be whoever you want. Whether you're a hippie or corporate lawyer or whatever, you'll still a Delhite and you're accepted.
No comments:
Post a Comment