I'm online at midnight! Yayie! This is the night I dream about at night. When my parents absentmindedly leave the modem out and I can be online ALL night.
That's how sad my life has become.
I have to get up at 8.
I have to study a minimum of 2 hours a day.
I can talk on the phone only for an hour till 930. Then the phones are disconnected.
I can go online only for an hour per day. Strictly monitored.
I must read atleast one book per week.
(Earlier my mom would tell me what to read, but then I stuck this qoute on her cupboard and shut her up : 'A man ought to read just as inclination leads him, for what he reads as a task will do him little good.')
I don't watch TV anyway.
I can't spend more than a grand a month (including outings with friends, phone bill).
Plus, there's a daily yelling about not excersing enough, not eating enough, not being abso-bloomin'-lutely perfect. Gaah. My parents can be so evil.
They know about Path cause I had to explain the two A4 size sheets filled with his number in small print, that is my phone bill. And my mom thinks all boys are pure venemous, EVIL spawns of Lucifer and she hates any boy who happens to talk to me to death (The same way Rani hates every girl I talk to :P)
So, basically, even so much as a mention of his name makes her see red. So much so that she prefers to refer to his as 'that boy' (variations: 'that vile boy', 'that idiotic boy', 'that horrid boy')
She hates him and I swear I've heard murmer things like 'If you come near my daughter again, I'll take that other eye of yours out too!'.
I thought not hiding him from her would make her trust me more, instead she's just made my life HELL by adding a trillion more restrictions than I thought were possible.
I'm so against the idea now that when I heard a tenth grader telling her boyfriend that maybe she should tell her mom... I whiped around and mustered all the drama in my heart and said 'NO, if you know what's best for you, you will do NO such thing. Unless you want to.... DIEEE!'
That probably didn't help my rumour situation but meh.
So home life is crappy. But I'm still surviving.
Oh I took this quiz for Rani and me called 'The Best Friends Quiz'
The result was alarmingly accurate:
Do you and your best friend click in a way that leaves some people confused? Do you share a common bond that goes beyond all the hype of high school? Then you and your best gal pal might appreciate the quirky friendship that grew between seeming opposites, Mary Richards and Rhoda Morgenstern.
While the opening credits for "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" suggest that Mary (a.k.a. MTM) "made it on her own," she sure got a little help from her tough, wise-cracking neighbor Rhoda. Even though Mary and Rhoda seemed to come from different planets--Mary's the conservative crowd pleaser and Rhoda's the sharp-witted bohemian--these two quickly connected. Imagine a '70s version of "Sex and the City."
Like Mary and Rhoda, your friendship seems to exist despite your differences. Maybe your bff's the punk rock queen, while you're the reigning student council president. To some this may seem like a clique meltdown, two worlds colliding, but you if you're like Mary and Rhoda, you probably found common ground pretty quickly. However you managed to find a similar thread, if you're like Mary and Rhoda, the rivers of friendship probably run deep and will help you through any sticky situation.
I love Rani. She's my rock.
Now that I feel better about my writing skill, I'll go sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment