I just got back from Reddy’s book launch. He and his brother are now the youngest published poets in the SAARC countries. So. COOL.
I felt so proud of being a part of that. Reddy and I aren’t really all the close and almost all the conversations we’ve had have been while taking Growl’s case (Growl being this really crazy, pervy LOUD friend of mine. Sort of like Barney meets Early Man, only he’s laughed at and not with and takes his own case all the time) but just knowing him and being invited makes me feel really special (I need a life). The book launch was organised by The DelhiPoetTree and there were also readings by 50 odd poets. I felt so cool rubbing shoulders with all these kurta-wearing, green tea-drinking, artsy types. Man, this is one of the best parts about living in Delhi. Some of the poetry was really beautiful, it’s amazing how well these people can express emotions we feel almost every day, making them seem so novel. Now you do you blame me for having such a major inferiority complex?
On the way back, all of us crammed into T’s car. Growl in front, T and N at the back with me and Reddy on their laps. And suddenly T and N started making out. In order to give them some privacy, Reddy and I huddled closer blocking them from the rear-view mirror. Little did we know they’d be at it for full 20 minutes. And we had to hear all the loud kissing sounds and feel stuff happening right behind us (EEEEWWWWWWW). But heck, it was their first kiss so we decided not to grumble too much. T started freaking out later about maybe it was too loud (waaay-haaay too loud) or too soon (they’ve been dating for 2 months or so).
Seriously, I feel like such an AUNTIE compared to my friends, with their first relationships, first kisses and all the ‘Haaww she made out with him after 2 weeks only! Slluuutttt!’.
JUST MAKE OUT AND GET IT OVER WITH.
No comments:
Post a Comment