I remember when we were in 8th grade, Pivot and I were crazy about Ultimate by Lindsay Lohan. We would dream about finding a guy who would fit the song. But even then, being naive 13 year olds, we knew there's no such thing as The Perfect Guy.
You know, a guy who's funny, nice, caring, understanding, hot, chivalrous, good listener and neither schizophrenic nor emotionally unstable. A guy around whom you feel comfortable to sing (croak) your favorite difficult-to-sing song, as loud as you can. A guy who wouldn't hesitate in or be miserly about telling you how he feels about you, who would automatically add a handwritten letter to the parcel he made especially for you, the one who despite being crazy horny will tell you maybe you should wait a while before you had sex because you're still a 'kiddo'. The one who wouldn't dream of letting you pay while he can easily pick up the tab, who has as much fun planning your wedding as you do. The kind of guy who can act like a 16 year old boy and tease you, flirt with you, yet show the sensible maturity of a 25 year old man when he is needed to. The kind of guy around whom you can act like a baby and know he's having as much fun as you are and that he'll catch you if you stumble and fall. The kind of guy who'll go look up spanish words to keep up a conversation with you instead of going, 'I'm sorry but WHAAT? :s'. The kind of guy who'll go beyond telling you, your choice in music is crappy and actually get you to love the good kind. The kind of guy who DOESN'T HAVE COMMITMENT PHOBIA.
The list is endless because it includes almost everything this guy does.
So what do you think when you find him at 16?
Aren't such guys supposed to be really hard to find? Aren't you supposed to find love like this when you take a long-needed vacation from work to go holiday in Rome for your 35th birthday?
Sixteen years old and already with The Perfect Guy.
Don't believe it?
Join the club. I'm the president :P
'You're a part-time lover and a full-time friend
The monkey on your back is
The latest trend
Don't see what anyone can see in,
Anyone else but you.'
Te amo K :D
6 comments:
i understand now.
it's wonderful how when i read, things you write...there's always a feeling of mist clearing, waking up from troubled-dreamless sleep.
you're getting it back btw. slowly. but it's coming.
:D
I'm glad.
I meant to make this a lot more corny and affectionate but I can't have my best friends puking their insides out :P
I envy. :)
Go Girl!!!
Seriously. They are rare. And you're not even 16 yet. (I have less than a month for my birthday and still refuse to go "no, I'm not 16. I'm 15-and-11-months o_O)
I digress :)
Your love life has picked up its pace once again. ;)
ZOMG!
so who's the new guy??
what do u do when u find the guy at 19 and he insists on marrying u?
congrats btw..
Wow. I dunno marriage is a big thing. I couldn't jump into it if I were you.. No matter how perfect the guy maybe.
Thanks :D
Post a Comment