Today was an AWESOME day!
Sanana and I went for the Wills Lifestyle Fashion Week. At first I was a little apprehensive cause it's in Pragati Maidan and the idea of a fashion show there hardly sounds fun. Once we turned up there it just got worse cause as ironic as it seems, we were a little overdressed for a fashion show (Sanana's sister had tipped us off that everyone is all glittery and OTT). I was wearing my 4 inch heels and I wanted to hit myself on the head with them. Other people were also wearing heels but with totally casual stuff. So yeah, that was very awkward.
So we stood around half embarrassed, half lost until the gates opened. Once we sat down, it felt much better. The show was gorgeous. We saw top models like Carol Gracious and Indrani Dasgupta and others whose names I don't know. Sanana wanted to take pictures next to some VJ Andy who come on Channel V. I didn't really care cause I'd never heard of it him. But she kept saying, "Lets take a picture with VJ Andy! VJ Andy is cooool!". But neither of us had the balls to go up to him :P
And once I'd lost my fashion show virginity, I felt quite comfortable there. It was a really good experience. I don't know how the models manage to remain so poised and graceful knowing that at least a hundred people are starting at them and taking pictures of them. It was crazy.
Also, I thought the ushers' jobs are totally cool. They get to tell the who's who of the fashion world where they are to sit, and when someone totally unglamorous walks near the front row, they get to totally bitchy and say "Ma'am, can I help you?" :P I'd love to have that licence to be a bitch at least once.
After the show, we took pictures next to all the rickshaws that had been designed by the top designers. While we were taking pictures near a particular rickshaw, a woman sitting next to it complimented Sanana on her shoes. And then she said told us that we could sit on the rickshaw if want cause "It's mine, don't worry about it." (!!!) Sanana was totally kicked about a designer liking her shoes :P
Oh and I also realized I have this weird hang up about making out in big rooms. I only feel comfortable doing shit in small, cosy rooms. Its freaky :P
"Today was fun. We were overdressed for a fashion show, we sat in designer rickshaws and we saw Carol Gracious!"
"And VJ Andy! VJ Andy is coool"


No comments:
Post a Comment