New Stuff

I'm signing in from my spanking new Lenovo Y450 :D WOO-FREAKIN-HOO!

Also, I'm leaving my beloved city, New Delhi, to go to Kolkata for college. It still seems pretty surreal though. I mean after a year of DYING to get away from my crazy parents now when I have the perfect opportunity, I'm kinda hesitant. I mean, since my boards got over, my parents have been really -I can't believe I'm saying this- nice. And Delhi is my city, I have home, love and life here. I've never really properly been to Cal and even though everyone says it's awesome, it's undeniably different from what I've become used to. But hey, I'm an army officer's daughter, I've never really lived in any one place for more than 3 years at a stretch. But somehow, Delhi was always MY city. It's where I feel most at home, most proud. Rani tells me I should look at Cal as my second city, so that way I'll have two cities and not just one. But I'm half scared that once 5 years of college are done, Delhi won't be home anymore.

But I really want to like Cal. It's gonna the city of freedom for me. Once I step into it, I become my own person, responsible for myself, away from all snoopy relatives. I get to reinvent myself. And no matter what happens, that feeling is going to be AWESOME.

The great part about getting into an awesome college is that no one can even deny that you're smart. You're stamped for life, in a good way. And also, the parents start offering you wine and champagne, though I don't really know what that has to do with anything :/

I met some the really snobby kids from couching class yesterday. They'd always sit in the front row, at the edge of their seats, simply dying for someone to ask them a question. I'd sit with my girlfriends in the last row, joking around and laughing constantly. And they'd give me those "we're trying to study and make something out of our lives here" looks. So yeah when I met them, I asked them how they'd done and their ranks were nowhere close to mine. I was all "Haha, you can't touch this, bitches!". In my head, of course :P

I saw my first full football match yesterday. Argentina vs. Nigeria. It was SO frustrating.. The only really exciting thing happened in the first 5 mins when Argentina scored. And after that, it was just a series of getting-really-close-to-scoring-and-screwing-up-in-the-last-second things. I wanted to kill something at the end of 95 mins. Also, the commentator didn't seem to give a shit about anyone but Messi. Every time Messi had the ball, he would shout loudly and for everyone else he barely mumbled the name. I swear there was a point in the game where I was looking down and I heard the commentator scream "Messi! Messi!" and I looked up to see Messi tying his laces :/

Jeez.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! Messi is supposed to be the next Maradonna. He screwed up way too much. :P
You shoulda watched Netherlands vs. Denmark! Denmark made an own-goal. Now THAT is stupidity. :P
Also, congrats on the fancy college! :] Mon cousin says it's normal and you'll get used to it but home never stops being home. :)

Anne said...

That's comforting =)

Football matches are hilarious :P