So I’m in Kolkata. First reaction: Hey! It’s not as hot as Delhi! Next reaction: Oh jeez, it’s so humid.
I spend the day touring Park Street with the parents. It was all new and shiny and exciting. The Oxford Bookstore is freakin’ amazing. Seriously, I could live in that place for the rest of my life and die happy. Flurry’s is pretty cool too. And the whole place is beautiful in this very European city kinda way. New market was fun as well. It’s crazy how you get stuff so cheap there. A decent sized jute bag for Rs. 30, in Delhi it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get that for cheaper than Rs.80.
I was having a lot of fun till I realized, ‘Hey I’m not here for a few days, I’m not going back to Delhi for another 3 months and this is where I have to spend the better part of the next 5 years of my life. ‘
That sure got the waterworks going.
1 comment:
"its a dry heat" , thats what you shud say...=P
Post a Comment