Random Rant

I met Path on a Thursday, the 19th of March. No one ever tells you how you should calm your nerves before meeting the guy you’ve been in love with for 3 months for, well, the first time. I tried to battle the fast flooding panic with Maths. Maths is amazingly therapeutic if you’re good at it. The mounting feeling of accomplishment as you sail through the possibly the easiest problems of your life, watching how beautifully everything thing falls into place in a formula makes you think maybe you’re not such a loser after all. Then I got a call from him saying he couldn’t find my house. After desperately trying to explain left and rights and landmarks, I gave up and decided to walk to where he was. I met him for the first time, half way , and the first real, face-to-face conversation I had with him was an argument about directionally incapable the other is. I could imagine my grandchildren clicking their tongues disdainfully when I would tell them this story. Then we said hi.


I’ll continue that later, I’m having trouble getting back to blogging. My skill still needs to recover from its long stint in the junkyard.
You know what’s frustrating? When you give people you care about the most awesome, most sensible, step-by-step advice which is bound to work because hey, I’m not cooking up stuff here, it comes from my rich experience and almighty people skills AND they don’t take it. Because they hate admitting I’m right/can’t do the hard thing.
Then they regret it and their lives get screwed up and they tell me ‘I really should have listened to you’.
Damn straight you should have.
I know I’m coming off sounding all full of myself but this is something I realized only after a sleepover where all my friends told me how much they cursed themselves for not listening to me. Then they turned around and did it all over again.
Scenario 1: T liked N. N also very obviously liked T back. But they were being kids about it, T kept inventing boyfriends in an attempt to make N jealous and make him realize T’s the one for him and N just shuffled about uncomfortably. I told T to stop making up stuff and just be available. But noooo, she just would give it up. Eventually, months later, he opened up to her friend about how he really liked her but knew she’d refuse because she had so many guys already after her.
He did ask her out after said friend cleared things up but still, wouldn’t it have been easier if she’d listened to me?
Scenario 2: P liked U. Both P and U are shy people. U hardly opens his mouth and tries to pretend he’s the background. But P was one person he was comfortable around and who had actually heard him speak. I told P that if she moved out of friend zone and gave him some sign of liking him, he was sure to reciprocate. P refused to. U started speaking around yet another friend who encouraged him with flirtatious signals. P was hurt but U never got around to asking this friend out. Later, we find out from him that he actually like P all along and since she never showed any interest, he tried his luck with the other friend but couldn’t go through with it.

ARGH. I wish I had a me. I’d totally appreciate and follow her cool advice because it’s not like she’s asking you to worship her and she wants is for you to not defy common sense so royally.

No comments: