Happy Tails Always Wag

I held his paw till it went cold..

Taking inspiration from your dog's death to start a blog is not sadistic. I'm just exploiting the I-don't-care-what-people-think-of-me-I-have-bigger-shit-to-deal-with phase I'm going through currently.

I'm consciously living in denial about the fact he's dead anyway. I tend to do that, I'm a little slow on the uptake when it comes to the miseries of my life. When it does hit me though, I take months to get over it.

I know he's never going to put his head in my lap again, I know I'm never going to have to wrestle him to get him to take his meds, yada yada. But it's still very surreal. I'm not in too much of a hurry to feel either.

So anyway, I'm finally starting a blog because for once in my life, I don't care how cliche/lame/boring I sound.

I'm doing this for me.




1 comment:

Cadence. said...

i have absolutely NO idea how you feel. thank God for that.

you write very well, though.
i hope you feel better soon.