I was talking to my best friend the other day and she said "Listen. You suck at judging people."
This isn't the first time I've been told that. In fact, through caring for tens of people who just got up and left, I've been told this many times.
Funnily, I never learn.
Recently, someone I cared for very much told me that I'm the coldest person he's ever met.
The words hurt me very deeply. I cried buckets and for at least half an hour doubted everything I knew about myself.
But you know what, I'm done doubting myself. I know I'm not a cold person, far from it. In fact one of the things that torment me is caring too much for the wrong people. I'm done indulging my mind-less insecurities and paranoia. And letting other people play with my feelings.
I'm not being cold, I'm standing up for myself.
Because I didn't get this far without being someone worth love. For every person who has gotten up and left, there has been one person who stayed.
And I'm done chasing after those people who can't seem to see me for who I am just because they have too much of an ego to admit they're wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment