The aforementioned disaster has blown over and peace prevails.
I'm currently living in my really tiny house with half a household. We're kinda in the process of shifting to a better house. Now, that may make me sound rich, but don't deceived :P Both my parents work for the government and are totally not corrupt. I wouldn't call it living shabbily but it's not living in opulence either. But that's alright, I usually get what I want as long as I don't aspire for something too expensive. When I was 14, I used to to hate it. All I wanted was to be rich and have lots and lots of money so that I never have to feel the frustration of not being able to get whatever material things I fancied.
But when I turned 16 and attended my now ex-school and met all the rich brats, I realized that their life isn't so rosy after all. They're spoilt and stubborn and feared rather than liked. They all acquire this holier-than-thou attitude and hardly any of them are smart or self-reliant. Though, I have met a few exceptions. What side of the fence the apple falls on usually depends on how they're brought up. But that too is a really tricky business. So if I do get really really rich, I sure will be happy, but if my children turn out to be like those brats I've learned to hate, I'll end up drowning them in the swimming pool. And that's gonna be a buzz kill.
So while Freud might say I'm rationalizing to make myself feel better, I'd like to believe I'm growing up.
:D
3 comments:
Going through a similar situation at present.
Agree on sooo many levels :)
Good to know we're all getting wiser =)
Haha I love this:D
Don't read Freud too much though, beyond a point he seems like gas:P
Post a Comment